TGIF!! Yes, the week has finally come to an end. It was a busy week at work, and I’m ready to put the work part of my brain to rest, let my creative side of the brain take over, and unwind at my stamp table creating something fun to share with you later. But, before I get started, I want to share the card I made for my sister’s birthday using Technostampers 1st Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 362 (TSSC 362).
Of course, I can’t stop using the Stampin’ Up! set Celebrate Today. I had die cut a dozen or so balloons last weekend out of scraps I had lying on my table, and they were just sitting there waiting for me to use them. After looking at the new sketch challenge, my brain started to think how I could put the balloons and the sketch challenge together, and VOILA, here it is…Happy Birthday little sis!
- Whisper White card base, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, side fold to make an A2 card
- Add strips of washi tape, alternating two designs
- With a fine tip black marker outline the edge of a 3×5 whisper white layer and stamp “celebrate” in black
- Die cut 3 balloons out of scraps of cardstock. Using versa mark stamp the stars and dots image onto each balloon. Balloon strings are crushed curry baker’s twine
- Arrange balloons onto 3×5 layer with dimensionals (yellow balloon is flat). Add some bling with rhinestones for a finishing touch
Join me in the Sketch Challenge Link Party on Technostampers 1st and 3rd Lunchtime Sketch Challenge here.
Stamp Sets: SU Celebrate Today, Remembering Your Birthday; Paper: Whisper White, scraps of pink passion/yo yo yellow/only orange (all retired SU colors); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark; Accessories: Gingham garden washi tape (retired), rhinestones, stampin’ dimensionals, Prismacolor Premier fine tip (.01) marker, crushed curry baker’s twine
Enjoy your weekend!
EDIT: Oh My Gosh…Oh My Gosh!! Imagine my surprise when I found out my card was selected as one of the Top Three Picks from the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge I participated in. Strictly beginner’s luck!! I’m so excited, and so honored to have been selected. Woo hoo!!